FaceBook Like

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Uncharted Territory

This picture shows a canvas waiting to be started.  The canvas is 48 inches wide and 60 inches tall.  Am I nervous?  Yes.  Am I intimidated? Yes, that too.  But, I am also excited about the prospect of pushing into uncharted territory.  This will be the largest painting I have ever tackled.  I did finish one that is 30x60 and I must admit that I had the same feelings then.

There has been some preparation needed before I can begin.  I have visited the hardware store to purchase some larger rollers than those that I have used in the past.  Since I make a number of stamps that I use for texture, I made one that is 8.5x11 in. to try to work within the scale of the canvas.  Additionally, I have been scavenging things that may be used as texture tools.  As I progress on this painting, I will post pictures of some of the tools that I am using.


I feel certain that this is a painting that will take some time, planning and evaluation along the way. I hope you will check back and enjoy the journey with me.

No comments: