FaceBook Like

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Aquanotic

Aquanotic - 8x10 mixed media on board
This painting was just finished this week and hasn't been framed yet.  It is one that was started some time ago.  As part of my process, I often start several pieces as once.  Some speak to me sooner than others, so there is always something to work on.  When I start paintings, most are completely spontaneous experiments.  The initial stages are messy with wet ink and paint.  They are left to dry overnight and once all the texture materials are removed, I am able to get a feel for where to go next.

Over the years, I have spent a lot of time enjoying the waters that surround us in this part of the country (and usually on our vacations as well).  As such, the water has become a strong influence in my art, both in the colors and the flowing nature of the media.

No comments: