FaceBook Like

Saturday, August 31, 2013

And so it begins - progress on 48x60 canvas

And so it begins… The work on the large painting I mentioned earlier.  This painting is quite large (48x60) and is the largest project I have taken on so far.  As my friend and fellow artist, Adele Castillo (http://adelecastillo.com/predicted on my Face Book page https://www.facebook.com/LauraGibbsStudio, I am enjoying working on this large canvas.

The large blank canvas was a little daunting at first.  I started with two layers of heavy texture and a number of layers of paint so far.  My goal is an abstracted landscape with soothing, peaceful colors.  

This is a commission piece and the client is out of town.  So that I felt comfortable with the colors we were discussing, she went to a paint store and chose some paint chips to send me.  I think this worked out very well as I was able to see exactly what she had in mind.  The painting is to be primarily a range of blues, greens and grayed versions of these.  The highlights will be soft yellows and whites.




No comments: